About Me

Tuesday 26 February 2008

the confession of edison chen

the many faces of edison chen during his press conference in hong kong on Feb 21, 2008. photo grabbed from tv.







Edison Chen's original statement in English
(taken from SINA English)

Today, I've come back to Hong Kong to stand before you and account for myself. I've never escaped from my responsibility.

During the past a few weeks, I've been with my mother and my family and loved ones to show support and care, and, at the same time, have their support and care for me.

I admit most of the photos being circulated on the Internet were taken by me. But these photos were very private and have not been shown to people, and were never intended to be shown to anyone.

These photos were stolen from me illegally and distributed without my consent. There is no doubt whoever obtained these photos had been uploading them on the Internet with malicious and deliberate intent.

This matter has deteriorated to the extend that the society as a whole has been effected by this, and in this regard, I am deeply saddened.

I would like now to apologise to all the people for all the suffering that has been caused and the problems that have arisen from this.

I would like to apologise to all the ladies and to all their families for any harm or hurt that they've been feeling. I'm sorry.

I would like to also apologise to my mother and my father for the pain and suffering that I cost them during these past few weeks.

Most importantly, I would like to say sorry to all the people in Hong Kong. I give my apology sincerely to you all, unreservedly and with my heart.

I know young people in Hong Kong look up to many figures in our society, and in this regard, I have failed, I have failed as a role model. However, I wish this matter would teach everyone a lesson. To all the young people in our community: let this be a lesson for you all. This is not an example to be set for you.

During my time away, I've made an important decision. I will wholeheartedly fulfill all commitments that I have to take, but after that, I've decided to step away from the Hong Kong entertainment industry.

I've decided to do this to give myself an opportunity to heal myself and to search my soul. I will delicate my time to charity and community work within the next few months. I will be away from Hong Kong entertainment indefinitely; there is no time frame.

I've be assisting the police since the first day that the photos were published, and I will continue to assist them. After this press conf., I've obligations to help them with their investgation, and hope that this case can end soon, as everyone, I think, has the same wish.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank the police for their hard work on this case. Thank you.

I believe everyone's priority now, my priority now, is to stop the suffering and the pain. For not letting this ... we do not want to let this situation become more out of control. We need to protect all the innocent and all the young for matters like this. In this regard, I've been instructing my lawyers to do everything possible within the law to protect all the innocent victims of this case.

I believe that the press statements that are being issued as we speak are what my lawyers had advised me to do.

Lastly, I would like to thank everyone for coming here today, and listening to what I have to say. I would like to also apologise once again to all the ladies and their families, my family, and to everyone in Hong Kong and everyone in our society. I'm deeply saddened by this, and I apologise to everyone that has to go through this.

I would like to also thank you for giving me this opportunity to say what I've wanted to say all along in my heart. I hope, after today, I can have your forgiveness. With regard to this case, with everything, everything that had happened, I'm deeply sorry.

I hope you all would accept my apology, and give me a chance. Thank you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

nike air max, longchamp, uggs on sale, louboutin pas cher, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, air max, longchamp outlet, longchamp outlet, gucci outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, jordan shoes, louboutin, ralph lauren pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, sac longchamp, tory burch outlet, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, prada outlet, air jordan pas cher, longchamp pas cher, tiffany and co, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, chanel handbags, michael kors, burberry, polo ralph lauren outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, replica watches, louis vuitton, nike roshe run, ugg boots, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet

Unknown said...

coach outlet, air force, nike blazer, ugg boots, replica handbags, true religion jeans, kate spade handbags, ray ban uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, true religion jeans, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet, vanessa bruno, lululemon, lacoste pas cher, new balance pas cher, mulberry, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban pas cher, tn pas cher, ugg boots, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, burberry outlet online, oakley pas cher, nike air max, nike roshe, true religion outlet, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, nike free run uk, burberry, hermes, nike air max, hollister, michael kors, coach purses, timberland, sac guess, hogan, north face, coach outlet, north face, michael kors

Unknown said...

nike air max, nike trainers, oakley, nike huarache, ferragamo shoes, wedding dresses, north face outlet, jimmy choo shoes, ralph lauren, north face outlet, bottega veneta, nike air max, louboutin, chi flat iron, soccer shoes, gucci, instyler, hollister, herve leger, reebok shoes, longchamp, hollister, soccer jerseys, asics running shoes, ray ban, vans, abercrombie and fitch, babyliss, birkin bag, mac cosmetics, mont blanc, new balance, converse, ghd, vans shoes, giuseppe zanotti, iphone cases, converse outlet, celine handbags, baseball bats, valentino shoes, hollister, mcm handbags, p90x workout, nfl jerseys, beats by dre, insanity workout, timberland boots, lululemon, nike roshe

Unknown said...

coach outlet, pandora jewelry, barbour, supra shoes, moncler, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, hollister, toms shoes, marc jacobs, sac louis vuitton pas cher, doudoune canada goose, juicy couture outlet, canada goose outlet, links of london, pandora charms, bottes ugg, louis vuitton, wedding dresses, thomas sabo, canada goose, louis vuitton, karen millen, moncler, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, lancel, swarovski crystal, ugg boots uk, canada goose, canada goose uk, replica watches, moncler, canada goose outlet, moncler, moncler, moncler, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, louis vuitton, swarovski, moncler outlet, moncler, barbour jackets, pandora charms, ugg pas cher